Thursday, May 20, 2010

I am smokin'.

The bees have been a tad angry lately when I try to swap out their empty feeder for a full one. So today, I really smoked them (smoke confuses them and calms them, sending them back into the hive). And I mean SMOKED them.

To be perfectly honest, I had managed to get the smoker going really well and didn't want that good stuff to go to waste. I puffed those bellows for all I was worth. The bees went scrambling back inside as fast as they could. I know they were thinking: "That crazy woman's started a forest fire out there and we're going up in flames!"

The feeder swap was a breeze. And as I turned to go back to the house, I swear I heard the fluttering of wings...and tiny little coughs and wheezes.

1 comment:

  1. Those weren't coughs and wheezes but whispered plans for a dive bomber attack next time you appear with that "smoker" in hand. Be[e] prepared.

    ReplyDelete